none
Hiding sections of a repeating section based upon the year value in a data box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I've been asked to fix a problem that has occurred with one of our systems at work.  

We have an annual leave request form that is in Infopath, and this is pulling data from a sharepoint list.  The problem is that the sharepoint list contains data from all years and I only want to show the information for the current year.  I've tried linking the Infopath to a view showing only the current year, however I can't get this to work. 

I then changed tack and wondered if it is possible within infopath to change the repeating section to only show the current year? 

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, my understanding is that you want to hide some sections based on a field value. Please correct me if I misunderstand it.

To achieve this, you could add some rules on the sections you want to hide. Something like this:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi 

Thank you for this response.  

Its pretty much what I want to do.  The Repeating section pulls back data from a Sharepoint list that contains a year value, and I only want the repeating section to show the entries that have a value equal to the current year.  I will try using a rule and see how that works

Thank you

Friday, July 12, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Please mark the reply as an answer if it helps you. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 12, 2019 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything to update? 

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps. 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, 

Michael Han 

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:26 AM