none
which category I should set to verbose RRS feed

• Question

• For one of the access denied issue, I want to capture verbose ULS logs, for which category from below list I should choose verbose logs. 

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:35 AM

Answers

• If you want a specific category then go with by selecting SharePoint Server & SharePoint Portal Server & SharePoint Foundation depends on your SharePoint Environment you can select 3 as well but always good to go with all but not verboseex go with Verbose.

Set-SPLogLevel  -TraceSeverity verbose

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

• Marked as answer by SravanC Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:07 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:35 PM

All replies

• Would you like also tell us the access denied issue? 

First you can check SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Hi Justin,

Thank you for the response. 

though user has contribute access, he is getting access denied error. it is happening for 2 users as per user confirmation. I tried almost all steps to resolve the issue but no luck. 

please let me know which category need to choose in the ULS logs to dig in to access denied issue 

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:53 AM
  • Hi SravanC, 

To collect SharePoint Verboseex Log, refer to the following steps:

1. On SharePoint server, open SharePoint 2013 Management Shell as administrator.
    2. Enable verboseex logs: Set-SPLogLevel  -TraceSeverity verboseex 
    3. Create a new log file: New-SPLogFile
    4. Repro the problem, record the url and the account name you used, capture the error message.
    5. Terminating the current log file by creating a new log file: New-SPLogFile
    6. After placing the log files in descending order, the second suffix named log is the log file we need.
    7. Make the log level to default: Clear-SPLogLevel

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

It makes all category to verbose, which will cause high memory consumption on server though it is a shorter period of time.

I want to capture the logs only for the category  associated with access denied. so which category need to set to verbose 

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 9:26 AM
  • If you want a specific category then go with by selecting SharePoint Server & SharePoint Portal Server & SharePoint Foundation depends on your SharePoint Environment you can select 3 as well but always good to go with all but not verboseex go with Verbose.

Set-SPLogLevel  -TraceSeverity verbose

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

• Marked as answer by SravanC Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:07 PM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:35 PM