none
Excel Power Query - Get Data from Website RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Jharding08,

I tested this problem with Power Query- From Web and I get the reuslt:

Normally some web pages contain tables that Power Query doesn't recognize. This depends on how those tables are defined in the HTML code (for example, if they are defined as <div> tags instead of <table> tags). This is what happens when only one "Document" table appears in the Navigator dialog. This is not related to the Compatibility Mode mentioned in the message.

Then I use legacy From Web option, I can select tables I want.

Please follow my steps and check the result:

First please go to File- Options- Customize Ribbon- select All Commands- select From Web(Legacy)- add to new Group:

Then use From Web(Legacy) option to import data:

Hope it's helpful.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Jharding08,

I tested this problem with Power Query- From Web and I get the reuslt:

Normally some web pages contain tables that Power Query doesn't recognize. This depends on how those tables are defined in the HTML code (for example, if they are defined as <div> tags instead of <table> tags). This is what happens when only one "Document" table appears in the Navigator dialog. This is not related to the Compatibility Mode mentioned in the message.

Then I use legacy From Web option, I can select tables I want.

Please follow my steps and check the result:

First please go to File- Options- Customize Ribbon- select All Commands- select From Web(Legacy)- add to new Group:

Then use From Web(Legacy) option to import data:

Hope it's helpful.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Using the legacy web import worked better than power query for the two sites. Is there a way to have this linked to the site, like power query so I can schedule or have an event refresh the data?
    Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:20 PM