Event ID 9325 and 9327 OAL Generator Error

Question

• Hello,
    I am getting following error with event id 9325 on 5-6 names. 2 of them are MAIL CONTACT with no mailbox, 3 doesn't exist at all now, and 1-2 has mailbox only. The one which has mailbox as well have external SMTP address as well as my organisation email address under their EMAIL ADDRESS tab..........with primary is SMTP.

OALGen will skip user entry 'Zafar ul Islam' in address list '\Global Address List' because the SMTP address '' is invalid.

- Default Offline Address Book

I am also experiencing the following Warning after 5-6 errors of event 9325. Sometime it is \Global Address List and sometime it is \All Contact

OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event logging for the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.

- Default Offline Address Book

Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is 'Zafar ul Islam' a mailbox enabled user?

If yes, please verify if he has a vaild SMTP address and  mailbox.

If this user is not a mailbox enabled user, please follow these steps:

1. Run  Adsiedit, expand to [CN=Users,DC=Domain,DC=com], right click the 'Zafar ul Islam' and choose properties.

2. Make sure the the  PROXYADDRESSES ,MAIL and showInAddressBook attributes are <Not Set>.

Then test to see if you still get these errors.

• Proposed as answer by W2K8DT Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Exchanger-007 Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:23 AM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Run  Adsiedit, expand to [CN=Users,DC=Domain,DC=com], right click the 'Zafar ul Islam' and choose properties.

2. Make sure the the  PROXYADDRESSES ,MAIL and showInAddressBook attributes are <Not Set>.

• Proposed as answer by W2K8DT Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Exchanger-007 Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:23 AM
    Friday, July 9, 2010 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Hi,

Zafarul Islam is not a mailbox-enabled user. But 3-4 other users are mailbox enabled.
    I have checked zafar ul islam value in Adsiedit, and all 3 attributes have some values. Should i clear them all. Does it impact zafar ul islam mail contact? Or any consequences of deleting these values?

Friday, July 9, 2010 11:27 AM
  • Gen Lin,

Thank you very much.  I have been going nuts trying to fix a dozen of these:

Event Type:    Error

Event Source:  MSExchangeSA

Event Category:          OAL Generator

Event ID:        9325

Date:              10/21/2010

Time:              6:02:30 AM

User:              N/A

Computer:       exhMAILc

Description:

OALGen will skip user entry 'LastName, FirstName' in address list '\Global Address List' because the SMTP address '' is invalid.

- Default Offline Address Book (exhMAIL3)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

All of them were disabled/deleted accounts, and for whatever reason, Exchange was still trying to update the GAL because the showInAddressBook was still populated.  Proxyaddressess and mail, where <not set> once I removed the showInAddressBook, let the update run the next morning, all the nasty red errors where gone from my event log.  I hate red errors in my event log.  *smile*

Thanks again,

Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:04 PM
  • you will get the error if you have enabled diagnostic logging for MsexchagneSA \oal generator

the warning tells that users were skipped, if you see the mail enabled users and mailbox enabled listed in the error in the global address list

you can ignore this warning.

the mail enabled contacts   should have "mail" attribute and also "show in addressbook" for them to be visible in gal. that is whole point having a contact, so that you can see a ueser that is not in your company visible in GAL

Dhruv
    • Edited by Dhruvaraj Friday, October 22, 2010 6:22 PM mail enabled contacts
    Friday, October 22, 2010 6:21 PM