none
The remote server has been paused or is in the process of being started. RRS feed

• Question

• We have two servers in main site and one in DR server.  The DR server is showing down if I run the command (Get-ClusterNode) and If run the  same command on DR server then its shows me given below error. I have restarted the cluster service on DR server as but issue still persist. The Cluster Service is running properly.

Get-Cluster : The remote server has been paused or is in the process of being started.
        The remote server has been paused or is in the process of being started
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-Cluster
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ResourceBusy: (:) [Get-Cluster], ClusterCmdletException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ClusterSharingPaused,Microsoft.FailoverClusters.PowerShell.GetClusterCommand

Moreover, If I run the command Get-DataBaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork then it shows that DR-Server Network is unavailable .  But I can ping and access the server on the same network and I am not sure why Exchange shwowing the network as unavailable. The DAG is IPless so I do have GUI of cluster to check more details. Can anyone please guide me on this. 

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I know that you are getting the error message above when you run Get-Cluster in the DR sever.

If you have paused one node of a server cluster recently?
    If so, please resume the paused cluster node before we restart the active cluster node.

For details, refer to: Cluster Service Stops Responding on a Cluster Node When You Restart the Active Node.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:15 AM
  • Hi Manu Meng,

If I run the command ( Get-ClusterNode) on DR Server then It shows me this out put.  MBX03 and MBX04 are in Main-Site. 

MBX03                1 Down
    MBX04                2 Down
    DR-MBX01           3 Joining

Whereas If I run the same command in Main-Site then it shows me the given below out-put 

Node           Node ID Status
    -------------- ------- -------
    MBX03                1 Up
    MBX04                2 Up
    DR-MBX01           3 Down

The Nodes on Main-Site are working fine and there is no node which is in Pause state. Moreover, the output of command ( Get-DataBaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork) is same on Main-Site and DR-Site. It showing the DR-Server Network is down and Unavailable as I have mentioined in my thread above. The ports are open and I am able to ping to DR server and From DR server to Main Site Servers. 

I am not sure how to further troubleshoot this case?

Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:09 AM
  • Hi,

All the required component should be in active state. Please check the output of below command.

Get-ExchangeServer | Get-ServerComponentState

Also, please check the configuration mentioned in the below link.

https://practical365.com/exchange-server/misconfigured-subnets-exchange-2013-dag-network/

Regards, Rahul

Friday, March 23, 2018 11:58 PM
  • Hi, 

The server components are in active state. I am using only one Network ( One NIC) for both MAPI and Replication and I have double check all the configurations . 

I am able to ping and telenet the server on the ports but still Exchange is showing the Network as down and unavailable as I mentioned above. Can someone please guide me further on this case?

Monday, March 26, 2018 7:08 AM
  • Can any one please guide us on this case?
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

Please run ipconfig /all on this "unavailable" DAG member to see if the IP address is matching with the IP address shows in the DAG network configuration. Meanwhile, I would like to suggest you disable the IPv6 feature on this interface and test again.

If this issue persists, to narrow down the scope of this issue, please help us run the Test-ReplicationHealth -Identity servername to check all aspects of replication and replay in this DAG:

Run the Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup | fl to check the configuration of the DAG:

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:02 AM
  • I have found that UDP cluster port 3343 is not listing on any Exchange server. Even I have tried with localhost 127.0.0.1 and still PortQuery giving me that UDP port is not listing. 

The cluster service is running and still port is not responding. I am not sure what I am missing

Sunday, July 14, 2019 10:00 AM