none
Quick Lunch missing after creating new page layout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

i have created basic page layout with 2 columns, however the quick lunch gone missing.

Regards

Monday, October 8, 2018 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi

How did you custom your page layout?

Please check if there has quick launch in system default page layout.

If so, I suggest you create your custom page layout by modifying existing one.

Justin Liu Office Servers and Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Monday, October 8, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hi

Quick lunch is the user control in SharePoint Master Page.

Pls make sure that if your page layout has the different Master Page?

As I know that oslo.master don't have the Quick Lunch function, but seattle.master will have it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Monday, October 8, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

Check if the Quick Launch menu is missing in specific pages or in the entire site collection.

Try to select another default page layout and check if the quick launch display.

As Justin mentioned, I suggest you make a copy of the existing page layout and make your custom changes in the copy file.

Have a look at the site Navigation Settings. It may also be the Master Page you are using (if it is custom). Try changing the Master page back to the Default.master and see if that helps.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:32 AM
  • its using the seattle master page, when i go to site settings or any other location i can see the quick lunch. its just the home page is missing the quick lunch.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:20 AM
  • thanks for your reply, its using the seattle master page, when i go to site settings or any other location i can see the quick lunch. its just the home page is missing the quick lunch.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:21 AM
  • thanks for your reply, i did with Design manager and SharePoint designer.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Would you want to hide the quick launch and make your page layout come for full screen width? If yes, you can use code to hide the left navigation menu.

<style unselectable= "on"> 
        /* On the page, hide left navigation menu */       
        #sideNavBox { 
            display: none; 
        } 
        /* adjust position of content on the page */       
        #contentBox { 
            margin-left:0px;
        } 
    </style>

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? Have you solved your issue?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:09 AM
  • Hi,

I am willing to hear from you.

Don't forget to mark the helpful reply as an answer. 

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:17 AM