Exist Multiple Domain Names in my organization make issue with SSL Certificate

•  Hi!

I’m preparing necessary background to install Outlook Anywhere in our Exchange Server 2007 (SP3), (Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64bit). Hence, I have already purchased SSL Certificate with wildcard capability and in the process of generating a Certificate signing Request.

My problem is our internal domain name ( is different to external domain name ( According to my understanding SSL Certificate (*    may create conflict with ( at the production environment. ( is already purchased by different company.

Please can anyone help me to resolve this problem?  

Please send me any links which describe solution for this issue.

14 Oktober 2010 8:35

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Form your description, I understand that you want to resolve the conflict between SSL Certificate(* ( For this issue, you can follow this document to have a try:

Wildcard Certificate Causes Client Connectivity Issues for Outlook Anywhere

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to help.

Best Regards,

19 Oktober 2010 1:46
  • Hi Evan,

Thanks for helping me, 

I found that most suitable certificate for us is UCC cert which support all domain names & Exchange server 2007. So I ordered UCC cert Instead of Wildcard SSL Cert.

But this Certificate is okay with our external domain (FQDN: and (SAN:,,,

So my internal domain ( which is already integrated with Exchange 2007, has been used and registered by some other company. Hence I’m not in position to add these ( in to certificate. Without it all my Outlook clients may get certificate issue message at the time of opening outlook express.

I have gone through lot of articles but didn’t found proper answer. Any Help on this regard highly appreciated.

20 Oktober 2010 11:02
  • its ssl pontage problem,

Use SSL with * from excternal and in the internal ISA server farward it using HTTP, not HTTPS

or Use hosts file inside the ISA server

Dhafer HAMMAMI

28 Oktober 2010 10:45