none
Cant open project online projects in Project client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Hoping someone can help as I am completely stuck!

I am running Windows 7 / O365 / MS Project  and connecting to our project online PWA tenant.  Everything has been working just fine but since the last O365 update things have stopped working.  When I open the MS project desktop client / connect to PWA I would then usually click Open-> Browse and then be presented with a pop up where I would then be presented with the projects that are held on project online.  Now however I am not presented with this and I am presented with a standard windows explorer open dialog box.

I tried to work around this by going straight into project online / selecting the project and selecting the schedule and then Task / Edit / Open in Microsoft Project and I am presented with an error dialog stating "The program cant start because api-ms-win-core-version-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem"

I have tried the usual things to fix - ie clearing the cache and reinstalling project and O365 but nothing is working

any clues?

Many thanks

Monday, June 24, 2019 10:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems like the update might have killed your project online account in MS Project.

Go to INFORMATIONS, manage accounts and check for your Project Online account. Eventually delete it and recreate it.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, June 24, 2019 11:28 AM
  • thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I tried that after I reinstalled project - I deleted all my connections, cleared the cache and recreated them and still no luck

Monday, June 24, 2019 11:58 AM
  • Can you correctly connect to PWA through your browser?

Be sure to stop the URL in your account configuration after PWA (do not add the default.aspx).

Also check that your PWA account is valid with the appropriate security model.

Hope this helps,

Monday, June 24, 2019 1:21 PM
  • yep all of that works fine 

I can connect just fine and can even open projects in the desktop client that are in the recent files list within project - just when clicking browse from the project client it shows a standard windows explorer open screen instead of what you would usually see which is the project one where you can double click the icon for example that says show all projects

Monday, June 24, 2019 1:52 PM
  • This is quite strange, I've never seen such an issue. Dumb question, but did you configure the account choice as manual in MS Project accounts configuration?

Because it seems like MS Project launches locally, not connected to Project Online.

Then just a guess, but you could try the following procedure:

https://applepark.co.uk/issues-with-multiple-project-server-accounts/

Hope this helps,

Monday, June 24, 2019 2:30 PM