none
Export Project for Power Point in VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends

How do I export the fields and tasks of a schedule for a Project 2010 file in PowerPoint 2010 VBA?

Thanks for the help.

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hezequias,

Wow, I've never seen a request to export Project to PowerPoint but since PowerPoint is primarily a presentation application, I can see the reason a user might want to do it. There was an add-in for Project 2003 to create PowerPoint reports but I doubt it will still work with Project/PowerPoint 2010. Nonetheless, it might be worth a try. You can download the add-in ad, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6860

Assuming the add-in does not work, VBA can certainly be used and somebody may have written some code to do it but I've never seen that type of macro referenced in Project forums. You could try some Google searches and see what turns up.

Other than that, creating such a macro shouldn't be too difficult. It would be very much like a macro to export Project data to Excel except the target application is PowerPoint and whoever writes the code would need to learn about PowerPoint objects, methods and properties.

Other options that exist may be to save Project in a format (e.g. XML, PDF) that can be recognized or translated by PowerPoint. You will just have to try some things.

Sorry this isn't a definitive answer. Hopefully someone else can jump in with more specifics.

John

Friday, November 2, 2012 3:50 PM