none
Cannot log on to Remote Web Workplace. Credentials error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to log in to the remote web workplace of a client we have set up on Server 2016 Essentials. When trying to log on with any user, the following error is displayed:

"The user name or password is incorrect. Verify that CAPS LOCK is off, and then retype your user name and password. If you continue to experience problems, contact the person who manages your server."

The credentials are correct. Happens with all users. I've tried restarting the server. No luck.

Can anyone help?

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:22 AM

Answers

• It appears I've solved it. I noticed that the Essentials Dashboard kept throwing this error every time I opened it:

"Alert notifications are not available for health monitoring due to an error or an incomplete action..."

I checked services and found a couple of them not started, specifically:

Windows Server Essentials Management Service
    Windows Server Essentials Health Service
    Windows Server Essentials Notification Service

I think the incorrect credentials issue was being caused by the first of those services listed above not running. Now that they are all running, I got into the RWW instantly.

• Marked as answer by Oodlemeister Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:42 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if such problem only happens on specific client system (which opens its browser and access RWA)? And you had tried different user account on that client? 

Please make sure that your credential meet below format:
    Domain name\user name
    password

If possible, please try to open RWA on Windows Server Essentials using IE, log on with the problematic user account and check the result. Then, try to log on using other account, either domain admin or standard user account, and confirm that if you can successfully log on.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 8:40 AM
  • It appears I've solved it. I noticed that the Essentials Dashboard kept throwing this error every time I opened it:

"Alert notifications are not available for health monitoring due to an error or an incomplete action..."

I checked services and found a couple of them not started, specifically:

Windows Server Essentials Management Service
    Windows Server Essentials Health Service
    Windows Server Essentials Notification Service

I think the incorrect credentials issue was being caused by the first of those services listed above not running. Now that they are all running, I got into the RWW instantly.

• Marked as answer by Oodlemeister Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:42 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share details. Your share might be helpful for other people who has similar problem. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 11, 2020 8:20 AM