none
# Error in custom calculated field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

i used the below formula to calculate the custom field in my MS project 2013.

Val(ProjDurConv(Duration,pjDays))

IIf(ProjDateDiff(Start,[Status Date])/480>=Val(ProjDurConv([Baseline2 Duration],pjDays)),Val(ProjDurConv([Baseline2 Duration],pjDays)),IIf(DateDiff("d",[Baseline2 Start],[Status Date])<=0,0,ProjDateDiff(Start,[Status Date])/480))

Planned % Completed = Format([Number5],"0%")

i am getting #error at many rows, i tried hitting F9 to rectify the issue but no use.

Also to add the calculated column in visual report, but the custom field not visible in the select field option. i then tried changing the data type which i can't.

please help in rectifying this issues.

Regards

Ela

Monday, August 12, 2019 4:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The #Error is occurring when the a task's start date is later than the status date and the task does not have baseline2 set for it.

In the formula you should check whether a task has a baseline2 taken, and if not, return another value (eg 0) for your planned % complete.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The #Error is occurring when the a task's start date is later than the status date and the task does not have baseline2 set for it.

In the formula you should check whether a task has a baseline2 taken, and if not, return another value (eg 0) for your planned % complete.

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Exactly which field are you trying to add to the visual report, and which report and type is it (task Summary, Task Usage etc)

Monday, August 12, 2019 12:02 PM