none
Automating report for mail transactions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Thanks in advance, was looking for a help where I have to generate a report in Office365. Requirement for the report is like as seen below:

We have an email sent by one email address going out to customers with different subject lines, so, the report needs to show how many number of emails were successful, how many failed for each subject line and this report needs to be generated every Friday and if possible send out as an email as well.

Niranjan

Monday, December 16, 2019 4:34 PM

Answers

• The outcome for what I am looking for needs to be acheived through a script. So, not possible through the portal.

Niranjan

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:13 AM

All replies

• You can run a message trace for all messages sent from said address, and schedule the delivery to a given email address: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/message-trace-scc

If you want to automate this, you can use PowerShell and the Get-MessageTrace cmdlet.

Monday, December 16, 2019 7:12 PM
  • Hi Niri.shetty,

Running a message trace as Michev suggested is a good choice. The general steps are 

1.Login to Office 365 admin center and click admin in the upper-left
    2.In the lower-left navigation, expand Admin centers and select Security & Compliance.
    3.In the Security & Compliance page that opens, expand Mail flow, and select Message trace.

Create a message trace like this

You can choose the delivery status as failed or delivered based on your need. And to generate it weekly, use the powershell command.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 9:51 AM
  • The outcome for what I am looking for needs to be acheived through a script. So, not possible through the portal.

Niranjan

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:13 AM