none
Remote Desktop Services is not configured correctly. RRS feed

• Question

• Lately, I have been getting this error message on two different networks running wse 2016. Certificates are correct; Gateway shows no errors; the Try to fix clears it; refresh brings it back; fix anywhere access throws the same error. This feels like a problem with a recent update. Anyone else seeing this? I am now ignoring it, but it is frustrating. RWA works fine!

carlquic

Monday, May 11, 2020 5:23 PM

Answers

• HI
    Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by carlquic Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:13 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:28 AM

All replies

• HI
    1.did you install other remote desktop service roles except remote desktop gateway on wse2016 ?
    2.there is a document for your reference
    Remote Desktop Services is not configured correctly
    https://systemcenter.wiki/?GetElement=Microsoft.Windows.Server.Essentials.TsGatewayConfiguration&Type=UnitMonitor&ManagementPack=Microsoft.Windows.WindowsServerEssentials.2016.Monitoring&Version=10.0.0.0
    Summary
    This monitor detects the following critical alert on the server that is monitored: Remote Desktop Services is not configured correctly
    Causes
    The server that is monitored raised an critical alert.
    Resolutions
    Remote Desktop Services is not configured correctly. You must configure Remote Desktop Services to remotely connect to computers in the network.
    To repair the Remote Desktop Services settings
    In Health Monitoring Tab, click Try to repair.
    Or
    Run the Anywhere Access Repair Wizard
    1. Open the Dashboard.
    2. Click Settings, and then click Anywhere Access.
    3. Click Repair.
    4. Follow the instructions to complete the wizard.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 5:20 AM
  • I only installed the Gateway and that was a good while ago. This problem just started a few weeks ago.

carlquic

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 2:38 PM
  • HI
    "This problem just started a few weeks""This feels like a problem with a recent update."
    3.do you know what's the detail time about your issue first happen ?
    is there event log about your issue ?
    http://blog.powerbiz.net.au/USEFUL-LINKS/WINDOWS-SERVER-20122012-R2-ESSENTIALS-LOG-LOCATIONS/

4.we can use below link method to verify your technet forum account so that you can post picture and website link. Please make sure that the pictures you post do not contain your company and your private information (including but not limited to domain name, public IP, email account, domain account, etc.). These private information must be altered.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5c00b9a9-3afe-4ee9-bbf0-34157716b92a/verify-my-account?forum=reportabug

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 9:49 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Friday, May 15, 2020 1:27 AM
  • I have looked at the logs and see nothing that tells me the problem. I admit that I am not a pro. Since everything is working fine, except for the annoying critical messages, I have decided to ignore them and forge ahead. Sorry to take up your time. I thought this might have been a more widely spread situation and some bright tech would have a solution.

carlquic

Friday, May 15, 2020 5:27 PM
  • HI
    You are welcome!
    we can monitor below logs,i hope your server work well.
    event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    system
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:50 AM
  • I actually have succeeded in getting the annoying message to go away. In the bindings for the default site I unchecked the box for requiring the names to match on port 443. No more critical message. Hopefully, I haven't messed something else up, but everything is working great, Thanks for your time.

carlquic

Thursday, May 21, 2020 2:03 PM
  • HI
    Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

• Marked as answer by carlquic Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:13 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:28 AM