none
SSIS Job error: The connection type "PowerQuery" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Before posting my question I have already gone through some of the replies on this forum and unfortunately I found no answers. Especially there is this link https://www.powerbi-pro.com/en/power-query-in-ssis/ that describes the how-to. My project runs fine from client side but NOT when deployed. Following is my post: 

I have created an SSIS project and used the PowerQuery component to read from an Excel file. When I execute it from Visual Studio (client side) it runs fine, but when I deploy it on the SQL Server and create a job, by executing it I get a Failed error without any additional information.

When I go through the error list I get the following:

"The connection type "PowerQuery" specified for connection manager "Power Query Connection Manager" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type."

We are stuck and unable to run the job just because it contains the PowerQuery component or connection manager. if there is any resolution to my issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nikos Zacharakis

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Nikos,

Are you running your SSIS packages in Azure's Data Factory?

The official documentation: Power Query Source (Preview) says the following:

"...Note

For the current preview release, to facilitate quick feedback-gathering and frequent feature enhancements, Power Query Source can only be used in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) and Azure-SSIS Integration Runtime (IR) in Azure Data Factory (ADF). You can download the latest SSDT that supports the Power Query Source from here. To provision Azure-SSIS IR, see Provision SSIS in ADF article..."

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Nikos,

Are you running your SSIS packages in Azure's Data Factory?

The official documentation: Power Query Source (Preview) says the following:

"...Note

For the current preview release, to facilitate quick feedback-gathering and frequent feature enhancements, Power Query Source can only be used in SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) and Azure-SSIS Integration Runtime (IR) in Azure Data Factory (ADF). You can download the latest SSDT that supports the Power Query Source from here. To provision Azure-SSIS IR, see Provision SSIS in ADF article..."

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:03 PM
  • Hi Yitzhak,

This limitation will be practical for us in the near future, but I guess we cannot do anything else regarding any direct SQL Server connection.

Thank you for your answer and support.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 4:00 PM