none
Adding hourly rates to resource after a project has started RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

During our setup for resources we didn't add the resource cost - and we started to use PWA. I've now added the hourly rates to the resources but when I view the 'Resource cost overview' report for any given project I don't see the totals for all resources.

Does the cost only apply to tasks that were added/changed since the resource cost was added? Is there a way I can back date that so we get the true cost of the resource for all tasks?

Thanks

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After adding the hourly rate, you need to open the projects and published them in order for the costs to be computed, calculated and visible in the reporting.

Just adding the hourly rate will update the resource information, but it will not be automatically cascaded into all the projects and assignments. For that the projects need to be published.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

I made the change ages ago, and projects have all be published multiple times since then.

Would there be another reason?

Thanks

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:44 AM
  • Just to add - this is the resource cost report from a project

As you can see there is a lot of Actual work that has no Actual cost

Thanks

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:55 AM
  • Indeed you should have actual costs. You'll have to dig on the given tasks, see what is happening. Just like this, it is hard to guess.

Note that rates can have effective dates. If it is your case, it could explain the actual costs missing if the task is running on a period where the rate is out of the effective dates.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, May 29, 2020 10:17 AM