none
Desktop Icons dissapearing form AD users shared Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I am quite new to AD. I got introduced to an already set up domain (the IT guy who set it up, left) controller and we have been having issues with some users under a certain GPO.

We are using folder forwarding for a group of users so they share the same desktop icons. Sometimes, some icons disappear on their own, then they come back. Nobody is deleting anything from their desktop so I don't know what this could be.

Can it be the connection to the server lagging or something; or maybe a virus?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Fig Leaf Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:39 PM

All replies

• Something here may help.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/folder-redirection/troubleshoot-user-profiles-events

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:03 PM
  • Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

According to our description, please confirm the following information:

1. Whether some specific icons disappear or some random icons on their own?

After these icons disappeared, how long did they appear again?

Is this happening when the user just logged in to the computer? Or can it happen at any time during the user's work?

4. When the icons disappear, can the user access them? 

5. When one specific icon disappears, will it disappear on all the user desktop?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Hello,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 12, 2019 10:09 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, July 15, 2019 8:33 AM