none
Free Busy between two O365 Org RRS feed

• Question

• I want to setup so 2 O365 orgs/tenants can see each others users calendar free/busy information.

We are hybrid.  On-prem is exchaneg 2010 SP3.  Free Busy between on prem and o365 is working fine.

In EAC > Org > Organization Sharing I have  ourdomain.com in domains to share with:  (This one is the default one that takes care of the on-prem and o365 users free busy.

And then under Individual Sharing i have the othercompany.com domain and calendar sharing with free/busy information added in the default sharing policy.

Now each user in their outlook try to book a meeting and use schedule assistance to view the availability it shows empty.  These 2 users are in their own organizations,  Have I missed any step?

Or do I need to setup as follows by create a new org relationsip?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/sharing/organization-relationships/create-an-organization-relationship

Thanks in advance

• Edited by WildPacket Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:07 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2020 3:30 AM

Answers

• Is there any update on this thread?

Since you can share the calendar with another o365 organization, there should be everything no issues about the port. Please also make sure if everything is configured well in the organization othercompany.com.

This Microsoft Online: Exchange Online Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Marked as answer by WildPacket Friday, July 17, 2020 4:33 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:34 AM
  • The other company was missing our routing email addresses so they added and it works between o365 to o365 

ourdomaincloud.mail.onmicrosoft.com

ourdomain.onmicrosoft.com

Friday, July 17, 2020 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes you will need to setup an organizational relationship.

But whenn you setup an Organizational Relationship you can only see free/busy information from the scheduling assistant:

https://windowstechpro.com/how-does-free-busy-works-between-two-different-office-365-tenants-and-configure/

So you can not add another calendar to your Outlook from the other Office 365 organization.

Is this enough?

Regards,

Niels

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:14 AM
  • When Hybrid is involved, things are a bit more complicated and you need to create additional org relationships as detailed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/the-hybrid-mesh/ba-p/605910
    Wednesday, June 24, 2020 7:10 AM
  • The other org is not going to add us in the organization sharing. 

They have enabled the individual sharing and added us in there and suggest we send a calendar request to the person we are sharing with.

othercompany.com shared his calendar with me and I added in my calendar successfully but it is still empty even though he set to show free/busy info only.

When I share my calendar with the othercompany.com by sending invite and he opens it in his outlook he gets this message:

The sharing message is not valid.  Please request the originator to send a new sharing invite.

my mailbox is on-prem.

• Edited by WildPacket Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

Did you update the organization relationship and sharing policy from on-premises Exchange server?

Since updating the organization relationship doesn't work for you, please try to create a new organization relationship between on-premises and that O365 organization. For your reference: Configure federated sharing.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:47 AM
  • Yes please create the organizational relationship with the other O365 org and your on-prem environment.

If you want the same for your Exchange Online Environment create another organizational relationship between your Exchange Online tenant and the other Exchange Online tenant.

Regards,

Niels

Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:59 AM
  • hmm.  Thank you guys.  But we will be getting rid of our on-prem exchange 2010 soon why work on that? 

I will try to a test with another organization by setting up organizational relationship between our exchange online and that other organization (lets call it test orrrg).

Friday, June 26, 2020 2:27 AM
  • Hello,

The organizational relationship is not something big to implement. It is quite easy. 

After that you can move your mailboxes to cloud at pace you like.

Regards,

Niels

Friday, June 26, 2020 6:03 AM
  • Agree with NKO_IT. Since your mailboxes are on on-premises Exchange server, you have to create the organization relationship between on-prem and other O365 organization.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 6:16 AM
  • about 3000 mail boxes are in cloud and around 1800 on-prem.

I did a test with this third org between my mailbox in cloud and his mailbox in cloud and we shared calendars and it worked

Monday, June 29, 2020 3:29 PM
  • about 3000 mail boxes are in cloud and around 1800 on-prem.

I did a test with this third org between my mailbox in cloud and his mailbox in cloud and we shared calendars and it worked

If you have to share the calendar for on-prem mailboxes, do you also test the calendar sharing for your on-prem mailboxes?

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 5:44 AM
  • Any updates so far? If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Friday, July 3, 2020 8:45 AM
  • Opened a ticket with the mothership and they have collected all the logs now to sniff them.... 
    Friday, July 3, 2020 4:17 PM
  • Well, if you have any updates to share, please feel free to post back. Hope your issue can be solved soon.

Regards, 

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 6, 2020 7:42 AM
  • ok.  the othercompany.com added us and we added them under New Organization Sharing.

Unfortunately the results are still same. No luck.

Any ports we need to open on FW, what else can we look at?  I am waiting to hear back from MS more on this outcome.

Thank you

Friday, July 10, 2020 3:44 AM
  • Is there any update on this thread?

Since you can share the calendar with another o365 organization, there should be everything no issues about the port. Please also make sure if everything is configured well in the organization othercompany.com.

This Microsoft Online: Exchange Online Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:34 AM
  • The other company was missing our routing email addresses so they added and it works between o365 to o365 

ourdomaincloud.mail.onmicrosoft.com

ourdomain.onmicrosoft.com

Friday, July 17, 2020 4:33 PM