none
Shared files Permission for Domain users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Whe I maped drive, and assign permission to Domain suers. It does not work.

I have to add everyone permission to that folder.  What did I lose? or It is to grant Everyone first and then Domain users

get permission to share the folder?

brgds

Liu Wei

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:46 PM

Answers

• You have to log on to the server that is hosting the share and review the share and file permissions. The share permissions act as a filter to the file permissions. 

You can also use the Effective Access tab to select a given user and see what access they have been granted.  

• Marked as answer by lwsamcn Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:36 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:32 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

>>Whe I maped drive, and assign permission to Domain suers. It does not work.

I think that's obvious. I tested it in my lab environment because these domain users do not have permission to access to the source drive, so we need to give everyone full control permission in source drive properties.

It is not enough to set permissions only on mapping drives.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:12 AM

All replies

• You have to log on to the server that is hosting the share and review the share and file permissions. The share permissions act as a filter to the file permissions. 

You can also use the Effective Access tab to select a given user and see what access they have been granted.  

• Marked as answer by lwsamcn Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:36 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:32 PM
  • Add Authenticated users also
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

>>Whe I maped drive, and assign permission to Domain suers. It does not work.

I think that's obvious. I tested it in my lab environment because these domain users do not have permission to access to the source drive, so we need to give everyone full control permission in source drive properties.

It is not enough to set permissions only on mapping drives.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi,
    Just want to confirm the current situations.
    Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Friday, October 11, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Hi,
    This is Daniel and wish you all the best!
    As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘ Propose answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the propose answer as you wish.
    BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Monday, October 14, 2019 2:25 AM
  • Sorry Daniel, I am busy and come here so late.

Thanks for our post.

Brgds

Liu Wei

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:38 AM
  • You're welcome!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:31 AM