none
Can I distinct mid-night work and daily work while record working hours , PWA 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We try to let our user to record their working hours into PWA.  We have a lot of mid-night works in next 3 months. I want to distinct working hours within daily work and mid-night work. You know, the cost is not same. 

Eg, staff A have 2 days' work from 9am-2pm, and 2 days' work from 11pm-2am. 

Is there a solution to do like this, I hope I can count how many mid-nights they worked, how many hours they used. And so on.

Thanks all.

Jou Chen

• Edited by Jou Chen Friday, July 10, 2015 2:21 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 2:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Jou,

i am not sure about this resolution which I am suggesting you, but you can try it.

In the MSP, you can create a mid-night calendar. Assuming the project calendar is same as the resource calendar, for the task which the resources are working during night shifts, you can assign the mid-night calendar and ignore the resource calendar.

In the backend you can query upon MSP_EpmTask_UserView table and check the column name "TaskIgnoresresourceCalendar" where it is showing "1" for that project. Wherever you have ignored resource calendar, it means that you have assigned the mid-night calendar to that task. In this way you will get the count also.

OR

Create an enterprise custom field for Night-Shift at the task entity. then you can set the Night shift to the tasks applicable in the MSP. Add this field as dimensions in the cube, process it and you get your count.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

• Marked as answer by Jou Chen Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:57 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 6:39 AM
  • Hi Joe,

if you use the timesheet to track the actual work, you can show and track "overtime work" there. And there is a separate field for the overtime rate on the resource level.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, July 10, 2015 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Jou,

i am not sure about this resolution which I am suggesting you, but you can try it.

In the MSP, you can create a mid-night calendar. Assuming the project calendar is same as the resource calendar, for the task which the resources are working during night shifts, you can assign the mid-night calendar and ignore the resource calendar.

In the backend you can query upon MSP_EpmTask_UserView table and check the column name "TaskIgnoresresourceCalendar" where it is showing "1" for that project. Wherever you have ignored resource calendar, it means that you have assigned the mid-night calendar to that task. In this way you will get the count also.

OR

Create an enterprise custom field for Night-Shift at the task entity. then you can set the Night shift to the tasks applicable in the MSP. Add this field as dimensions in the cube, process it and you get your count.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:39 AM
  • Hi Joe,

if you use the timesheet to track the actual work, you can show and track "overtime work" there. And there is a separate field for the overtime rate on the resource level.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, July 10, 2015 12:00 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply.

But if staff A only worked in mid-night, can he just record overtime work? 

Jou Chen

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:07 AM
  • Hi

I did not try the complete process, but yes. You can just enter something in the overtime work line and leave actual work empty.

Regards

Christoph

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:59 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Since I need let our staffs mark night shift by themselves, so I do the step follow the 2nd ways you marked, and it worked. 

By the way, how can I load 'night-shift' column to Prj pro ?

Thanks.

Jou Chen

• Edited by Jou Chen Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:59 AM