none
Print Driver Issues [SOLVED!] RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Folks,

I have build a new RemoteDesktop Environment for our Company. I used Windows Server 2019 RDS and Windows Server 2016 Print Servers. All Printers have a AD-Security Group for allowing Printjob's and the default Group "Everyone" removed. Some of our Old (HP) Printers (with MS drivers) where mapped but Printing was not Possible. The Job Spawned in the Queue and dissappeard but no paper was printed. I figuerd out, that printing works if Group "Evereyone" was allowed to print. But we use AD-Groups to manage the mapping. So what to do. I found out, that the Group "Services" need to be allowed to Print to make them running. I wrot a small Script to add this Group to all Printers (Run as Adminisrtator)

$ServiceACL = "(A;;SWRC;;;SU)"
    ForEach ($Printer In $(Get-Printer -Full | Where-Object {$_.Shared})) {
      If ($Printer.PermissionSDDL.Contains($ServiceACL)) {
        Write-Host -ForegroundColor Green  $Printer.Name
      } Else {
        Write-Host -ForegroundColor Yellow $Printer.Name
        Set-Printer -Name $Printer.Name -PermissionSDDL $($Printer .PermissionSDDL + $ServiceACL)
      }
    }

Now everything works fine, but i wonder why i need to grant Printservice acces to Printer on a PrintServer...

Cheers!

Clemens

Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:52 AM

Answers

• $ServiceACL = "(A;;SWRC;;;SU)"

ForEach ($Printer In $(Get-Printer -Full | Where-Object {$_.Shared})) {
      If ($Printer.PermissionSDDL.Contains($ServiceACL)) {
        Write-Host -ForegroundColor Green  $Printer.Name
      } Else {
        Write-Host -ForegroundColor Yellow $Printer.Name
        Set-Printer -Name $Printer.Name -PermissionSDDL $($Printer.PermissionSDDL + $ServiceACL)
      }
    }

Just a space to much...
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:54 AM