none
Export to Excel in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to export a project list from PWA 2010 to Excel 2010 accessed in IE 10.0.9.  When I hit "Export to Excel", I get a pop up that says "Would you like to open ProjectCenter.xls?"  I click yes and a blank excel workbook opens called "ExportGridExcel.aspx"  Thoughts?
    Friday, September 13, 2013 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi

You can also make the below registry changes on the local machine to use the option "Export to Excel"

a. Open the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe)

b. Go the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\excel.exe

c. Here, you’ll see a string value named “useURL”

d. Rename this value to something else.  For example “useURLx”

Monday, September 16, 2013 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The August 2013 Cumulative Update resolves Export to Excel issues with IE 10:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817580

Test this fully on a non production farm first before deploying to production.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:11 AM
  • Hi

You can also make the below registry changes on the local machine to use the option "Export to Excel"

a. Open the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe)

b. Go the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\excel.exe

c. Here, you’ll see a string value named “useURL”

d. Rename this value to something else.  For example “useURLx”

Monday, September 16, 2013 1:18 PM
  • Brilliant, thanks Krishnp - fixed my frustrations!
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Hi,

When I made this change. After that when I tried to open excel document on my machine from SharePoint. Its opening in Read Only mode. It is not allowing to edit.

Though changes allowed me to export excel in PWA.

I am using IE 11 and Office 2013 and also have Project Server 2010 installed.

Anurag

Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

When I made this change. After that when I tried to open excel document on my machine from SharePoint. Its opening in Read Only mode. It is not allowing to edit.

Though changes allowed me to export excel in PWA.

I am using IE 11 and Office 2013 and also have Project Server 2010 installed.

Anurag

Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:52 PM
  • Hi,

When I try to change the name, this message shows:

The Registry Editor cannot rename useURL. Error while renaming value.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:56 PM