none
Set Specific task Start Date automatically after project creation in project online

Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement where a specific task start date should be set automatically from a calculated date field.

Example: I have a task name as "Construction duration" and we are calculating the "Estimated construction start date" of that task by subtracting some days with another field. Is there a way to set "Construction duration" task start date automatically to "estimated start date"?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:33 PM

All replies

• kuman4464 -

Microsoft Project does not allow users to create formulas in default fields such as the Start field.  The only way to come close to meeting your requirement is to create a custom Date field named something like Estimated Construction Start and then create the formula in this field. You would then need to manually copy the date from the custom field to the Start field, or you could do it programmatically using VBA code, for example.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:40 PM
  • Thank you for your quick response Howard, i do not have much knowledge on VBA scripting so it would be great if you have any reference or guideline for the script.  If so can we set that script to run when a project has been created?

Thanks,

• Edited by kumar4464 Friday, May 24, 2019 3:10 PM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 3:09 PM