none
April 2012 CU - Pulled? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was working with our premier support rep on a Project Server 2010 issue yesterday and they happened to mention that the April 2012 CU was pulled.  Has anyone else heard this as well?  I haven't been able to find any information about it being pulled except for the link to the download seems to no longer function.

My test environment is already updated with the April CU because I was testing out the auto-publish function that is supposed to work better now.  Do I need to try and uninstall the CU or can I simply wait for the next one?

Friday, June 1, 2012 4:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Uninstalling a CU is tricky since a new patch might change the DB structure/content, not just files on the disc. If you are not hitting any major issues with your current patch level just stay with it..

www.umt.com | www.umtprojectessentials.com

• Marked as answer by TylerGJ Friday, June 1, 2012 5:20 PM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 4:50 PM
  • Hi Catalin,

Thanks for the info.  I didn't notice any big issues with it in my test environment.  I was concerned about the implications of leaving it installed when the next CU comes out.  I'll just leave it as is and not spend the time figuring out how to go back a version.

Thanks again!

-TJ

Friday, June 1, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Catalin --

Allow me to add my own comment here.  I installed the April 2012 CU and it pretty well messed up my copy of Microsoft Project 2010 Professional.  The default view got reset to some other view, all of my options in the Project Options dialog were changed to something else completely, screentips and tooltips disappeared, etc.  I just uninstalled the software and then reinstalled it.  Things are back to normal now, thankfully.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Friday, June 1, 2012 5:42 PM
  • Hi TylerGJ,

please note that the Project Server (Non-Cumulative) Update 04/2012 is still available.

The SharePoint and combined CUs have been recalled most likely due to a bug with incoming email for SharePoint libraries/lists, which does not work unless a site quota exists. There is no issue with the Project Server portion that I am aware of.

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Friday, June 1, 2012 6:38 PM