none
Resource Display on Gantt Charts

Question

• Hi all!

Is there a way to not have the resource assigned display on the gantt chart?  I have a resource column and I don't need the names repeated on the chart.

Thanks!

Amy

Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hello Amy,

You can remove them by : 1. Right Click on Chart -> Bar Styles -> Select Task Bar (one on the top) click on Text Tab there you can remove resource name from table which say Right - Resource Names.

Sapna S
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Amy,

just follow this guide: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/format-the-bar-chart-portion-of-a-gantt-view-HA001225368.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA010275135#BM4

But instead of adding a text, delete Ressource Name. Does that help?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:58 PM
  • Hello Amy,

You can remove them by : 1. Right Click on Chart -> Bar Styles -> Select Task Bar (one on the top) click on Text Tab there you can remove resource name from table which say Right - Resource Names.

Sapna S
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Is there a way to do this globally so I don't have to do this for each and every line?
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:02 PM
  • When you delete as I suggested it gets deleted for entire Gantt Chart, it doesn't have to be repeated for every task. You can save the settings in Global.MPT to have to exercised across all projects.
    Sapna S
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:04 PM
  • got it - thanks!
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Great that it worked, marked the appropriate solution so that it could be referred by others having same question :)

Sapna S
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Hi Amy,

yes, if you do as written in step #2 of the first section:

• Format menu, click Bar Styles or
    • You can also double-click within the chart portion of a Gantt view, but not on individual bars.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:15 PM
  • Sorry, I have just seen that Sapna has already replied.

Barbara

Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:21 PM
  • No Probs Barbara :)
    Sapna S
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:23 PM
  • If that doesn't work is there another option?  I have gone and deleted the 'resources...' on the right, but they are still on.  What else can be driving this option?

Craig

Friday, December 07, 2012 12:15 AM
  • Craig,

It does work, so I'm guessing you have more than just the normal Gantt bars in the display. Try this. In the Bar Styles window, first select the "Text" tab in the lower half of the Bar Styles window. Then select each of the bar names in the upper part of the window. As you select each bar, you will see which have some type of text associated with that bar. Modify as needed.

John

Friday, December 07, 2012 1:35 AM
  • It worked well

many thanks Barbara !

Monday, December 24, 2012 5:42 PM
  • Craig,

It does work, so I'm guessing you have more than just the normal Gantt bars in the display. Try this. In the Bar Styles window, first select the "Text" tab in the lower half of the Bar Styles window. Then select each of the bar names in the upper part of the window. As you select each bar, you will see which have some type of text associated with that bar. Modify as needed.

John

I have the same issue with the resource names showing up on only 'some' of the tasks.  i've gone through and done each and every items suggested in this thread.  still, the only way i can remove the resources is by individual clicking on the tasks and removing resource from the 'right' category in the text tab.  if i double click on the gantt chart, the 'right' field does not say 'resource name'...it's empty!!!

strange!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 1:30 PM