none
Project Server encountered a problem with this error code: 26005

    Question

  • Hi All,

    I have Project Prof 2007, while saving, publishing or check-in a particular project, I am getting following error.

    Project Server encountered a problem with this error code: 26005

    More Info Mentioned Below:

    <detail><errinfo><general><class name="Queue"><error id="26005" name="GeneralQueueCorrelationBlocked" uid="dbb482eb-5cd9-4b52-a974-d9b451eb4d37" CorrelationUID="6d5cf4f6-8e39-4f75-8cb4-445de656850f" JobUID="70d1994e-6a46-4678-b0b2-222ea62a71e1" JobType="ACProjectSave"/></class><class name="Correlation blocked for 6d5cf4f6-8e39-4f75-8cb4-445de656850f"><error id="26005" name="GeneralQueueCorrelationBlocked" uid="f3a3338c-0b57-412c-a8cb-c9da6287f57f" CorrelationUID="" JobUID="" JobType=""/></class></general></errinfo></detail>

    So this issue could be due to any corrupt assignment or custom field or this project file completely may have corrupt, Kindly let me know  what could be the possible causes of this issue and how can I resolve those.

     


    Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:09 PM

Answers

All replies

  • The error is coming out of your sql database.  The correlation ID is how you link the error to messages in SQL.  To get the message you need to enable tracing in SQL and then reproduce the error.

    Cheers!


    Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:11 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Michael for your quick response.

    As I dont have in depth knowledge of SQL Server, so can you guide me how to enable tracing on SQL Server.

    For your information: We are using SQL Server 2005.


    Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:16 PM
  • For corrupted files, please see #43 of this FAQ: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
     
     

    Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:39 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Andrew,

     I have gone through with link there, I have found one resolution regarding corrupt file which is given below.

    First save those file in XML format, then open those file with in MS-Project and then re save and publish again.

    But whenever I am reopening that file(which i saved as XML) in MS-Project I am not able to get task dependency set in orignal project.

    It is the common behavior or I might be doing something wrong during the process, Kindly let me know

    Note: One more thing If I am re saving and publishing the project in server then I am not able to get all transaction histories and workspace data(list and libraries), so is there any way to re-link that data with new project or at least project workspace data.

     


    Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, March 04, 2011 10:43 AM
  • I just ran across this problem, and wanted to throw another solution for you.  Backstory:  I had multiple projects published with similar names...  (Project Prototype; Project v0_1; Project v1_0; etc)  There was a new project that was saved but not published; Project v2_0, but it was really supposed to be named Project 1_0...  :(  Worse yet, they also had the wrong URL for a workspace name, and that meant I needed to delete a workspace or change the URL...

    Changing the URL didn't work, so I deleted the workspace (after complete backup of course).  I then  renamed Project v1_0 to Project 0_1 and Project 2_0 was renamed to Project 1_0. 

    Short story long, it turns our that after I renamed the files, and moved the data, I did not wait long enough for the SQL server to update with the changed names, eventhough it was changed in PWA.  Even checking the queue, it showed that all was good.  I searched online for an answer, and after 20 minutes of fretting that it could be corruption, I cleared my cache, force-checked in the file, closed / reopened project (local), and finally opened the file again.  Low and Behold all went through without a hitch, republished both and created new Workspaces using the correct names.

    Chalk one up for patience.

    Hope that helps someone one day.

    Friday, May 18, 2012 6:10 PM
  • Hi ,

    Yes it helped me. In 2017!

    Faced a similar issue. got the error - 26005(0x6595)

    After running out of options I tried your solution-

    1. Saved a local Copy,

    2. Cleared all the cache

    3. Forced check in 

    4. Created a new Project with the local copy 

    Voila! Working fine.

    Wednesday, August 02, 2017 11:03 AM