none
Getting actual hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, could you advise how can I get actual hours entered by resources on the My Tasks page?

I use Project Online.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:30 AM

All replies

• Slava --

It appears you have correctly set up Project Online to allow team members to enter progress in the timesheet portion of the Tasks page.  Assuming this is correct, I would recommend that you ask your team members to enter their progress on a daily basis at the end of each day, and then to save their changes.  On Friday, ask them to enter their progress for the day and then to adjust the Remaining Work value on any task, as needed.  And then they should submit their progress for the week.  Does that help?  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 2:13 PM
  • Slava --

It appears you have correctly set up Project Online to allow team members to enter progress in the timesheet portion of the Tasks page.  Assuming this is correct, I would recommend that you ask your team members to enter their progress on a daily basis at the end of each day, and then to save their changes.  On Friday, ask them to enter their progress for the day and then to adjust the Remaining Work value on any task, as needed.  And then they should submit their progress for the week.  Does that help?  Let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Hello Dale,

Thank you for your quick response!

I try getting actual work using OData, particularly I need to get:

- draft actual work report (hours after the user just clicked the "Save" button)

- actual works sent for approval (after the user clicked the "Send status" button)

So I am able to see actual work using OData only when:

- The user has additionally sent his timesheet report on the Timesheet form (I use the "TimesheetLineActualDataSet"OData table to get data)

- OR the project manager has approved actual hours entered on the "My Tasks" page (I use the "AssignmentTimephasedDataSet"OData table to get data).

My issue is I cannot get actual hours entered on the "My Tasks" page that have not been approved yet. Actual hours\work is not accessible as well even if the user has sent progress update (clicked "Send statuss\All Tasks" on the "My Tasks" page).

My goal is displaying plan and actual total on the "My Tasks" page like it is shown on the pic. below, that is why I need to get entered actual hours.

As far as I see, JSOM has the same data model with OData and allows getting only timesheet data on the approval status and has no methods to get actual hours entered on project tasks (using the "My Tasks" page). Perhaps, I am wrong.

Slava.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:57 AM