none
SQL Server 2019 CTP 3.0 Does Not install on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard RRS feed

• Question

• According to the OS Compatibility table, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard is a supported OS but when I run the SETUP.EXE, it immediately popup a message saying "The operating system on this computer or its service pack level does not meet the minimum requirements for SQL Server 2019 CTP3.0...". Am I missing some components in the server? Where should I look to find out what required component is missing?

The following are the OS and hardware specs:

CPU: Virtual Machine - Intel Xeon 2-processor CPU 2.3GHz, 2.29 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

Disk: 200GB with 80GB Free space

Thank you.

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:40 PM

Answers

• when I run the SETUP.EXE, it immediately popup a message saying "The operating system on this computer or its service pack level does not meet the minimum requirements for SQL Server 2019 CTP3.0...". Am I missing some components in the server? Where should I look to find out what required component is missing?

See the SQL 2019 specific release notes and you will find the software requirements specify Windows Server 2016 or 2019. IIRC, this changed of CTP 3.0 and setup was not previously blocked on older OS versions. Albeit confusing, the link below in the release notes excerpt below is about additional requirements and the OS versions listed there are for older SQL versions. 

Software

Dan Guzman, Data Platform MVP, http://www.dbdelta.com

Friday, July 19, 2019 11:51 PM