how to avoid / disable fuzzy search results? RRS feed

• Question

• When the Fast search engine is used in my company you can search for example "carbon capture storage'. When using this tree words i only want results in which these three words are combined in this order. I don't want SP to deliver me 'capture storage" and 'carbon capture'. Is it possible to disable this fuzzy results? without using the "   " all the time? Can you disable this as a Fast feature?
    Monday, October 21, 2013 10:16 AM

Answers

• In short: No.

That's not fuzzy searching at work, what's happening there is that SharePoint automatically uses an 'or' statement between each term. For obvious reasons you don't want to turn that off everywhere and as far as i'm aware it's not possible to do so for specific searches.

The closest you can get is a best bet, but that's a different thing as that takes search terms and points you to a single item. That could be a page which has a search box where the double quotes has been used but that would be very clunky.

PS. This is the 2013 forum, I presume you are using 2010 as FAST is no longer a product in 2013.
    • Edited by Alex Brassington Monday, October 21, 2013 10:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:49 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 10:44 AM