none
Finding out which project not publish RRS feed

• Question

• Experts,

Is there a way to find out which project not publish quickly on the PWA or whatever method available.  Currently, I have to open project to find out with a few scroll.

I can find out Last published but it's different from project not publish.

Thank you,

NLuu

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

ok, I understand. You are looking for Projects not yet published.

You can find them in two ways:

1. PWA Settings - Delete Enterprise Objects. Sort be column "Version". Project not yet published have version = "Working" and Type <> "Template"
    2. Yo have a look at ….sites/pwa/_api/ProjectServer/Projects()?$Select=Name,LastSavedDate,LastPublishedDate using this URL as ODat source in Excel, PowerBi, … If Projects are not published, LastPublishedDate = '0001-01-01T00:00:00'. Unfortunately you can not filter for this value, since it is no real date.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog MVP

• Marked as answer by NLuu Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:33 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

sorry. In Project Center you will only see latest publish version. So if you add column "last publish", you will see exactly this date. Since you only see the latest publish version, you cannot see the last save date, if it had been after last publish. I assume that is, what you are looking for? So you can only checked if a project has not been saved recently.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog MVP

Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:30 AM
  • Barbara,

We are creating custom filters to tackle after stages of project (At risk, behind schedule, On Track and Completed).  This custom filters will only display if project is published.  If the project is not published then it will not display.

Currently we have over 100 projects ongoing and I would like to gauge to see if the effort we put in worthwhile.  

I would like to have away to find out which projects published and which project is not.  Say if I find out 10% of 100 project not publish, I can just publish 10 of them and ensure that resources will see project status at their end.

I am aware about Last Published in the PWA but Last Publish is not equal published project.  Does this make sense?

Regards,

NLuu

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:59 PM
  • Hi,

ok, I understand. You are looking for Projects not yet published.

You can find them in two ways:

1. PWA Settings - Delete Enterprise Objects. Sort be column "Version". Project not yet published have version = "Working" and Type <> "Template"
    2. Yo have a look at ….sites/pwa/_api/ProjectServer/Projects()?$Select=Name,LastSavedDate,LastPublishedDate using this URL as ODat source in Excel, PowerBi, … If Projects are not published, LastPublishedDate = '0001-01-01T00:00:00'. Unfortunately you can not filter for this value, since it is no real date.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog MVP

• Marked as answer by NLuu Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:33 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:25 PM
  • Barbara,

Bullet 2.  I can't seem to access the URL given. Below is what I put in and it returned 404. 

https://mycompanydomain/sites/mycompanypwa/_api/ProjectServer/Projects()?$Select=Name,LastSavedDate,LastPublishedDate

I would like to consume data via PowerBI.  May I know if the URL above is correct?  Thanks so much.

NLuu

Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

seems that you are not working with Project Online? Since the question was asked in Project Online forum, I expected this? What version are you using?

If it is Project Online, ensure that you are logged in first. When I interpret your URL, it should be https://mycompanydomain/sites/mycompanypwa. Afterwards, you should be able to access URL you provided.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog MVP

Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:25 PM
  • Yes, I'm using project online version 2016, the latest version.  Are we talking the same thing?

https://mycompanydomain/sites/mycompanypwa/_api/ProjectServer/Projects()?$Select=Name,LastSavedDate,LastPublishedDate  

I tried to open it again, this time it opens in notepad as xml format.  I thought it would give me a website where I can filter not published out of published.  

What will I see if this link works

https://mycompanydomain/sites/mycompanypwa/_api/ProjectServer/Projects()?$Select=Name,LastSavedDate,LastPublishedDate  ?

Thank you very much,

NLuu

Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

if it opens as XML, the URL works.

You can also see data, if you open URL in IE with RSS Feeds disabled (Internet Options - Content - Feeds and Web Slices - Settings - Advanced: options disabled.

But with an XML file with content, you are fine. This URL will give you  project name, LastSavedDate, and LastPublishedDate. In my case with German date format: 

Regards

Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog MVP

Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:54 PM