none
Timesheet Manager lose the timesheets... (PWA 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm the Timesheet Manager for all of my resources. (PWA 2010)

I  created a lot of assignments for my ressources who filled their timesheets and clicked the button Send Timesheet.

As timesheet manager, I received only one timsheet in the Approval Center page. All the other data is "Task Update".

PS: The resources entered Administrative time : the system created something with looks like timesheets but with the name "Vacancies" .

How does that work?

Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I believe you, however I don't like this answer ;-). I assume there is no-one else "playing" with the system? Does this issue happen again if you create a new timesheet now?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 28, 2011 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

have you perhaps activated "Require line approval before timesheet approval" in Server Settings - Timesheet Settings and Defaults. This will require PMs to approve all Status Updates before a Timesheet Manager can even see timesheets to approve.

So I think after approving all Status Updates, timesheets will be displayed in Approval Center.

REgarding Administrative Time: I think you have set Approval for vacancies to No in Server Settings - Administrative Time. If a resource enters hours for an Administrative Time, this will be sent to timesheet manager for approval.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Monday, February 28, 2011 6:29 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

The "Task Status Manager Approval" option is Enable, but the "Require line approval before timesheet approval" check box is not.(I didn't even know the meaning of that option: thanks for that!)

Regarding Administrative Time: I have one out of 4 administrative times which needs approval. All the vacancies of a timesheet are grouped in a similar timesheet named "vacancies" where are listed also the project tasks. Quite confusing.

Thanks for your help

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

hmm, no idea what can happened to timesheets? Sorry for the following questions, I assume you have already checked that:

• Are there any errors in queue related to timesheet submission?
    • These resources are not their own timsheet manager or have someone else than your user?
    • Can you check status of these timesheets by logging in as them in Quick Launch - Mange Timesheets)

Please let me know!
    Barbara

Monday, February 28, 2011 9:27 AM
  • Are there any errors in queue related to timesheet submission? No error in the Queue
  • These resources are not their own timsheet manager or have someone else than your user? I am their timesheet manager
  • Can you check status of these timesheets by logging in as them in Quick Launch - Manage Timesheets) Some are Submit, some are Approved

Something new : I accepted all the Task Updates which were remaining in my Approval Center, and they were immediatly replaced by Timesheets!

Monday, February 28, 2011 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

if I respond to you last post, it looks very strange, so I use this one.

This behaviour is exactly what should happen, if "Require line approval before timesheet approval" is selected. This setting does apply to newly created timesheets. Have you tried what happens with this setting some time ago, created a few timesheets (the ones you missed initially) and changed this setting back afterwards?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 28, 2011 10:30 AM
  • Barbara,

I recognized what you explained about this option, but I swear that I never played with  "Require line approval before timesheet approval" check box

Monday, February 28, 2011 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

I believe you, however I don't like this answer ;-). I assume there is no-one else "playing" with the system? Does this issue happen again if you create a new timesheet now?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 28, 2011 10:59 AM