none
project server 2010: job stuck in queue with state Waiting to be Processed (Sleeping) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a job in the queue that is stuck. The job type is "TimeSheet Update Resource" and the job state is "Waiting to be processed (Sleeping)". This is happening with only one user. Other users can edit, save, and submit timesheets normally as it appears. Can't figure out the problem! I tried restarting the queue and timer service with no success. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks,
    George

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:24 AM

Answers

• Since you already identified issue is user specific, I think now you need to have a look in to ULS log to undestand really whats happening in the background.

Try  editing the user from PWA>>>Server Settings>>Manager users

Click on the user and without making any change click on save, monitor the queue

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you

• Marked as answer by geo_d Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:56 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:50 AM

All replies

• Since you already identified issue is user specific, I think now you need to have a look in to ULS log to undestand really whats happening in the background.

Try  editing the user from PWA>>>Server Settings>>Manager users

Click on the user and without making any change click on save, monitor the queue

Blog | < | LinkedIn
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you

• Marked as answer by geo_d Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:56 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for the reply! The problem was that that specific user was checked out by someone who never checked him back in! Sorry for that, I should have realized. Thanks anyways.

George

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:56 AM
  • Happy to hear that George

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:28 AM
  • Hi Hrishi,

This helped me as well, thanks for this post!

Actually the resource was checked-out on server, as soon the resource got checked-in, all waiting jobs got processed.

Thanks,
    Faisal Imam

Monday, January 12, 2015 2:38 PM