none
User Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I would like to set up user permissions for the projects in the resource centre, whereby, the allocated project resources can view the projects they are assigned to, look at reports and update the % complete, can you advise please how i would implement this.

many thanks Bev

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:23 AM

All replies

• Bev --

The default permissions in Project Online allow team members to do everything you require.  However, you need to set up your Project Online system to use Project Permissions Mode.  And you need to make sure you have populated the Enterprise Resource Pool with the resources who work in projects, including both team members and project managers.  Once you have completed these steps, open the Team Members security group for editing and confirm that all of your organization's team members are included in this group.  If not, add them.  In addition, your project managers will need to build the project team in each project using enterprise resources, assign those resources to tasks in the project, and then save and publish the project.  Once this is done, team members will be able to see the projects to which they are assigned in the Project Center page in PWA, and they will be able to update their task progress using the Tasks page in PWA.  Hope this helps. 

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, May 14, 2020 3:39 PM
  • Hello Dale, thank you for your reply.  I have gone through your guidance, we have limited full licences, only for PM and Management and want the resource pool to not have full access.  Does your guidance depend on everyone having full access/licences, i am wondering if there is a way to enable access to those on a lower level license?

thanks Bev

Friday, May 29, 2020 5:49 AM
  • I'll jump here as it would appear I'm on a similar timezone to you (and I know my cousin Dale won't mind).  Your team members need a project essentials licence.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Friday, May 29, 2020 8:15 AM
  • Hi Ben, thank you for your reply.

We are currently working through a trial for full licences, but know that we will only need partial licenses for some of the engineers going forwards.  So trying to establish the access that a partial license will give, however, we seem to have difficulty enabling the correct access for a full license

Whilst trying to enable access under a full license one of our engineers had this error message pop up

'You do not have permissions to see the data for all the enterprise resources in this project

Data for these resources may be out of date and incomplete'

I think we are completely missing a step somewhere, do we need to put the resources into 'teams'?

thanks Bev

Monday, June 15, 2020 4:07 PM