none
Cannot connect to domain using Windows Connector (Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Trying to connect client computers to the server using:

    servername/connect or severIP/connect yields "500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

    Trying to connect from within the server to the same addresses "servername/connect or serverIP/connect" results in a similar error but with more detail. The server only has 8 computers connected to it so far, and I haven't been able to add any other ones to it. All Updates have been applied, and I really don't remember when this error would have started, since the last PC I connected to the server was in 2014 some time. 

    HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

    Detailed Error Information:

    Module: DynamicCompressionModule
    Notification: SendResponse
    Handler: ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0
    Error Code: 0x8007007e
    Requested URL: http://servername:80/connect
    Physical Path: C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Client


    Monday, May 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Answers

  • I found the issue.

    WSUS was installed at some point and was never fully disabled. So, if you want to avoid this you need to run the following command in the server command prompt as Administrator:

    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /+[name='xpress',doStaticCompression='false',dll='%windir%\system32\inetsrv\suscomp.dll']

    This resolved the issue for me.

    Monday, May 4, 2015 3:12 PM

All replies

  • I found the issue.

    WSUS was installed at some point and was never fully disabled. So, if you want to avoid this you need to run the following command in the server command prompt as Administrator:

    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /+[name='xpress',doStaticCompression='false',dll='%windir%\system32\inetsrv\suscomp.dll']

    This resolved the issue for me.

    Monday, May 4, 2015 3:12 PM
  • Hi,

    Good to hear that and thanks for sharing.

    Best regards,

    Susie


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:32 AM
    Moderator
  • I believe that this is also my case but when I run your command I get the above error in return :

    ----

    C:\Windows\system32>%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCo
    mpression /+[name='xpress',doStaticCompression='false',dll='%windir%\system32\inetsrv\suscomp.dll']
    ERROR ( message:New scheme object missing required attributes. Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'scheme' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'xpress'. )

    ----

    I also had installed, never used and removed the role of WSUS because of complexity so maybe that is relevant.

    Any ideas?

    thank you in return

    Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:12 AM
  • I have the same situation, the same problem and receive the same error when running the command. I also had installed and then removed the WSUS role.
    Monday, June 1, 2015 7:22 AM
  • Hi guys!

    I had the same issue, WS2012E which had WSUS role but which later was removed, hence i also had error 501.19 when trying to connect new machines.

    I had the same error as ibiselgreco and highmarker when entering the command.

    I launched a vm running a brand new WS2012E without WSUS, and checked its configuration with the command :

    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe list config > c:\config_iis.xml

    In the section system.webServer/httpCompression it had no entry regarding dynamic compression (with value 'xpress').

    My solution was to enter the following command to delete the entry with 'xpress' name on my current server, as the command proposed by ptphan is to add a new entry but there is already one :

    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']

    Then i restarted iis (don't know if it is needed) and it worked again...

    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:26 AM
  • Exact same issue and fix as Y. Montouchet - thanks VERY much!
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:20 AM
  • "My solution was to enter the following command to delete the entry with 'xpress' name on my current server, as the command proposed by ptphan is to add a new entry but there is already one :

    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']

    Then i restarted iis (don't know if it is needed) and it worked again..."

    BOOM it works! Still!!!

    • Edited by Kirk Clark Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:10 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:10 AM
  • You're a Life & Time Saver..Thanks!
    Monday, September 16, 2019 1:43 AM