none
FSRM Active screening on C:\ - is it possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have created an FSRM file group comprising a single full file name e.g. dog.pub - no wildcards (in case that matters for the purposes of this question).

I have set it to Active screening and created a template that uses the file group.

If I create a new File Screen, tell it use the template or right-click the template to create a new file screen and specify C:\ or C:\Windows the screen is created but the screening type is changed to Passive. I can edit the file screen and set the Screening type to Active, but after clicking OK it reverts to Passive.

I must be missing something here. How can I prevent filename.pub being saved to the C:\ drive or the Windows folder using FSRM?

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi

Thanks for posting in our forum!

i did the test in my lab environment, i got the same result as your's, it seems that we cannot achieve this goal, in other word, i think it is a by-design behavior.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mark-Blood Friday, October 11, 2019 1:35 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:41 AM

All replies

• This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.
    If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:52 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for posting in our forum!

i did the test in my lab environment, i got the same result as your's, it seems that we cannot achieve this goal, in other word, i think it is a by-design behavior.

Best Regards,

Daniel

• Marked as answer by Mark-Blood Friday, October 11, 2019 1:35 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:41 AM
  • Hi, Daniel, thank you for researching this.

Oh well :)

Friday, October 11, 2019 1:35 PM
  • You're welcome!

Monday, October 14, 2019 1:00 AM