none
Accessing a mobile device via Hyper-V RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I am new to Hyper-V and have setup a Windows 10 guest VM on it, however I am in need of accessing an Android device that is connected physically to the PC.  My hope is to be able to see the device on the guest VM and access it via ADB (Android Debug Bridge).

I have done this previously on VMWare Player but being new to Hyper-V it does not seem as trivial.

Can anyone guide me on what I need to do to successfully communicate with my mobile device?

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:04 PM

All replies

• You might try here assuming the devices have support for this method.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Please check the following article and try the steps,

Use local resources on Hyper-V virtual machine with VMConnect

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/learn-more/use-local-resources-on-hyper-v-virtual-machine-with-vmconnect

Virtual Machine Connection (VMConnect) lets you use a computer's local resources in a virtual machine, like a removable USB flash drive or a printer. Enhanced session mode also lets you resize the VMConnect window. This article shows you how configure the host and then give the virtual machine access to a local resource.

1) Turn on enhanced session mode on a Hyper-V host

2) Choose a local resource in the popup box of session mode, (if your device is not include, please try to select all the local resources in the tab)

In addition, Dave's also right, we could also use RDP to connect the VM along with local resources. 

Hope above information can help you.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 11, 2019 3:37 AM
  • Hi,
    Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back

Best Regards,
    Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Michael

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:18 AM