none
Alert Me > Set Alert on this item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to set an alert in a project's project site > Deliverable page in PWA on a specific deliverable?

When I try using the : 'Alert Me > Set Alert on this item' from the ITEMS ribbon, it is greyed out and not available.

However, this option is ('Set Alert on this item') available that is in LIST ribbon.

Is it not possible to set alerts on specific deliverables? 

Thanks in advance,

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Saturday, March 3, 2018 1:29 PM

Answers

• My bad, I meant I could NOT find my deliverable list”

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Spiro,

Indeed you cannot create an alert on a specific deliverable. 

A workaround would be to use FLOW to create a connector between the sharepoint sites and outlook.

Hope this helps,

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:40 AM
  • I can't access the Deliverables list, or any PWA Projet Site list for that matter within Flow.

In Flow > My Flows > SharePoint (connector selected) > "When an Item is created or modified" > then...

I can't seem to get my site address information to be accepted which resembles this:

"https://XXXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/NAME OF MY PROJECT"

By default, in the 'Site Address' field displays 5 sites which are not project sites per se, yet I have many more project sites than that in this instance. Nevertheless, if I try to a "Enter custom Value" it does not accept/ find it. 

What am I doing wrong?  Am I using the wrong (SharePoint) connector type to access a PWA project site ?

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:51 PM
  • Indeed Spiro, I did a quick test. I could point on a sharepoint project site, but it would be applicable for all the sites, just the one in the connector. Meaning that, if it would work, you’d have to create a connector for each site. But anyway, even if after getting the project site url in the connector, I could find my deliverable list.

A workaround would be to create a custom notification workflow with SharePoint designer in the project site template.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:39 PM
  • you wrote: "even if after getting the project site url in the connector, I could find my deliverable list."

did you mean what you wrote or is there a type? ie., that "you could" see the deliverable list, or was it a typo and you meant to write, "you could not" see the deliverable list even if you managed to access the project site with the connector?

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:12 PM
  • My bad, I meant I could NOT find my deliverable list”

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:13 PM
  • ok... thanks for that...

I think however creating a workflow with SharePoint Designer may also be challenging to directly address the initial need which is to have an alert on a specific item on the deliverable list(s).  In essence we want users to be able to subscribe to any item on the list just like we can a standard SharePoint list.  I do not see how this would be straight forward even with SharePoint Designer.  In fact, correct me if I am wrong, but the way I am thinking that it could be made possible is using SharePoint Designer's workflow to replicate the Deliverable list of project sites in another (standard) SharePoint list where users can then go to and actually subscribe to alerts on the items level thus leveraging the standard SharePoint functionality.

As such, if I wanted to make this possible for all Projects sites, I would incorporate this workflow functionality in the Project Site Template.  Make sense?

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:33 PM