none
Getting an Unknown error in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using PS 2010 SEM. Recently I faced an issue where the Project Center was showing "An unknown error has occurred". Even if we refresh it, it was throwing the same error.

I checked in the databases and found that there was a project which was duplicated with the same UID.

I don't understand how can that happen. I would like to know the reason behind and also how can this issue be resolved.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Monday, August 17, 2015 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This error comes mainly in Project center for Project Summary view. You need to delete the duplicate project or corrupted project.

kirtesh

Monday, August 17, 2015 5:34 AM
  • Hi,

I have heard that you should never touch the MS Databases. Is it ok to delete the duplicate entry? if yes then which table should I delete the entry from?

Sorry I dont have much idea on handling the databases, so asking you this.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:16 AM
  • No Need to delete Project from Database.

Go to Server setting of PWA application --> Delete Enterprise Object which is present under  queue and Database management-->select Projects then delete the corrupted projects from Publish and draft Db 

need to select the project then click on delete.

kirtesh

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:47 AM
  • Hello,

Try opening that project in Project Pro then save an publish - this should remove the duplicate (I had this before and that's all I did).

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, August 17, 2015 8:38 AM
  • Kirtesh,

I can see one entry of that project. As I said that the UIDs are same, i dont know which is the corrupted one. Its a risky business if I delete the project as the resources who have posted Actuals on the project would be lost.

Paul,

I tried publishing the project but did not give me the result. Instead I tried upon the Save for Sharing option. Which worked for me.

Thanks both.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:28 AM