none
There is no availability data for the resource you have selected.

Question

• Hi Guru's,

I recently got a question on my blog that I couldn't reproduce so I thought, let's ask the experts :). Here's the question:

When I select the materials in Project Server 2013 I get message “There is no availability data for the resource you have selected. This is commonly for cost and materials resources without enterprise resource calendar”

Does anyone know what causes the behaviour and how I can avoid it in the future?

Kind regards,

Erik

The Project Corner Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2016 6:33 AM

Answers

• Erik --

I assume you have selected a Material resource in the Resource Center page and then clicked the Availability button in the ribbon.  If this is true, keep in mind that Material resources do not include a resource calendar, so they have no capacity or availability information.  Therefore, PWA cannot show capacity or availability information for Material resources.  Truth be known, the system should not allow you to select either Material or Cost resources and then to click the Availability button.  I think that is probably a design oversight.  Only Work resources have capacity and availability information.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, May 16, 2016 12:36 PM

All replies

• Erik --

I assume you have selected a Material resource in the Resource Center page and then clicked the Availability button in the ribbon.  If this is true, keep in mind that Material resources do not include a resource calendar, so they have no capacity or availability information.  Therefore, PWA cannot show capacity or availability information for Material resources.  Truth be known, the system should not allow you to select either Material or Cost resources and then to click the Availability button.  I think that is probably a design oversight.  Only Work resources have capacity and availability information.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, May 16, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I feel a Homer Simpson impression coming on... d'oh

Thanks for reminding me about the absence of the calendar. I also agree that if would be a nice feature in a next release graying out the option when you will nog be able to use it anyway.

Kind regards,

Erik

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 5:43 AM