none
Export Data from Ms Project to Ms Access using VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have got the export process from MS Project2003 to Access working quit well. I have a macro that automates this function
    when i run this export macro it asks me , whether i want to "Append" or "Overwrite "the Data. is there some code that can get rid of this msg box and automatically choose overwrite?

I want to schedule this as an early morning job but cant because it stops at this msgbox.

Any help is greatly appreciated

V
    Friday, January 13, 2012 11:26 PM

All replies

• v76,

You could try the Application.Alerts Method or the Application.DisplayAlerts Property, (check the object browser for the full syntax for each), but It sounds like the line of code doing the writing needs a parameter that is missing, hence the popup message. What is the statement that triggers the message?

Oftentimes there are multiple forms for a method. Some of them simply pop up a user window while others allow all the parameters to be spelled out in code.

John

Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:55 AM
  • OK, your VBA code is asking whether you want to overwrite the existing version of the project in the Access db. If John's recommendations don't work you can try a KIll command to delete the .mdb file before saving.

Not that Project 2007 onwards do not support teh save to Access or SQL Server (unless using Project Server) so your code won't work for newer versions. You will need to replace the save as to code that writes the data you want saved directly to a database.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:17 AM