none
performance issue RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir
     i am using same stored procedure with multiple process and its returning the result in 1 or 2 second but in peck hours its taking 30 to 40 seconds.
    i have installed sql server 2016 slandered edition on the windows server 2012 R2 and stored the full database backups of sql server 2008
    I am using composite primary key with the child tables and also created some non clustered indexes on the columns are using to search in where clause.
    in peak hours stored procedures to get the details and  stored procedure to insert  records are responding very slow.
    our website is for internal use and we have created in asp.net with c# and also using entity framework

kindly guide me to resolve the issue.

Best regards

Ashutosh

• Edited by Ashutosh_ggn Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:36 PM adding information
    Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:30 PM

Answers

• Good day,

since we cannot connect to your server and examine the issue, and we have no ability to read mind, please provide as much details as you can including:

1. Try to provide queries to reproduce the issue (for example DDL+DML+SP code)

2. Please provide you real execution plan (the XML and not only an image!)

3. (As Erland mentioned) please provide the SP code so we will be able to see it

4. In  the meantime you should monitor locks and waits when the execution is slow. It is most likely that you have something that lead to the this directly

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:53 AM

All replies

• A start would be that you posted the stored procedure so that we have any what you are talking about.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Saturday, August 24, 2019 9:01 PM
  • Good day,

since we cannot connect to your server and examine the issue, and we have no ability to read mind, please provide as much details as you can including:

1. Try to provide queries to reproduce the issue (for example DDL+DML+SP code)

2. Please provide you real execution plan (the XML and not only an image!)

3. (As Erland mentioned) please provide the SP code so we will be able to see it

4. In  the meantime you should monitor locks and waits when the execution is slow. It is most likely that you have something that lead to the this directly

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:53 AM