none
Problem of Substitute Resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.
    I need help in MS Project Server. There are a lot of information about Substitute Resources, but I haven't found how i can execute this Wizard. Please, give me screenshot how i can execute this. I've added Generic in role resource and put down code to every corporate resource.
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:59 PM

Answers

• kpashigorev --

If your Project Server administrator enabled skill or role matching when he/she set up custom enterprise Resource fields and added resources to your Enterprise Resource Pool, you can use the Match feature in the Build Team dialog.  Add a Generic resource to your project team, select the name of the Generic resource on the right side of the dialog, and then click the Match button.  This results in the list of human resources who match the skills or role of the Generic resource.  Then you can use the options in the Show Resource Availability section in the middle of the dialog to filter for resources who available the amount of time needed in a date range in the project.  It sounds like a bit of work, and I know that it is, but there is no automatic method that replaces the Resource Substitution Wizard.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by kpashigorev Friday, June 28, 2019 8:39 AM
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:14 PM

All replies

• kpashigorev --

The Substitute Resources Wizard was removed from Project Server several versions ago.  It no longer exists.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:06 PM
  • Thank you, it helped. But may be is there anything way of automatic change resources? Alternative of this Wizard? In that case when i use Generic resources.
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:20 PM
  • kpashigorev --

If your Project Server administrator enabled skill or role matching when he/she set up custom enterprise Resource fields and added resources to your Enterprise Resource Pool, you can use the Match feature in the Build Team dialog.  Add a Generic resource to your project team, select the name of the Generic resource on the right side of the dialog, and then click the Match button.  This results in the list of human resources who match the skills or role of the Generic resource.  Then you can use the options in the Show Resource Availability section in the middle of the dialog to filter for resources who available the amount of time needed in a date range in the project.  It sounds like a bit of work, and I know that it is, but there is no automatic method that replaces the Resource Substitution Wizard.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by kpashigorev Friday, June 28, 2019 8:39 AM
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:14 PM
  • kpashigorev --

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thank you very much!
    Friday, June 28, 2019 8:40 AM