none
Project Online/PWA Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm new to project online and PWA and am trying to figure some things out on my own. I was able to create a project in MS Project and publish it to a PWA site I created.  I noticed that on the Projects page on the PWA site, that I'm able to delete the projects I create, however where do they go once deleted? I don't see them in the recycle bin for the site, and for that matter, where in the PWA site are they actually stored?  Also if anyone has any good training modules or programs for someone who has never used Project Online/PWA that could help me learn more (as I am supposed to be an administrator at some point) that would be appreciated.  Screen shot of how I delete below

• Edited by MikeNJ00 Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:46 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:46 PM

Answers

• Mike,

This is really a good question. Unfortunately, the deleted objects do not go to a recycle bin, as the PWA objects are technically not SharePoint Objects like a document etc., they are permanently deleted.

This is why in general with Project Server Permissions mode, we always used to disable the delete option for PMs.

There are several training guides/books/courses available by many of the MVPs that you see on this forum.

Try Paul Mather's blog as a starting point: https://pwmather.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/getting-started-with-projectonline-round-up-ps2013-office365-project-ppm-sharepointonline-pm-sp2013/

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by MikeNJ00 Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:26 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:21 PM

All replies

• Mike,

This is really a good question. Unfortunately, the deleted objects do not go to a recycle bin, as the PWA objects are technically not SharePoint Objects like a document etc., they are permanently deleted.

This is why in general with Project Server Permissions mode, we always used to disable the delete option for PMs.

There are several training guides/books/courses available by many of the MVPs that you see on this forum.

Try Paul Mather's blog as a starting point: https://pwmather.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/getting-started-with-projectonline-round-up-ps2013-office365-project-ppm-sharepointonline-pm-sp2013/

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by MikeNJ00 Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:26 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:21 PM
  • Thank you!
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:26 PM