none
Create a Formula RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to create a custom field which will have a formula based on the below criteria. 

CV SV Health
    R R R
    R Y R
    R G Y
    Y R Y
    G R Y
    Y Y Y
    G G G
    G Y G

The o/p should be basically the Health column. Can anyone help me in creating the formula.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Monday, March 14, 2016 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Amit,

Are the CV and SV also custom fields? Note that there are 2 native fields with the schedule and cost variance.

Assuming there are custom fields (text 1 and 2), you could create the following formula:

Switch([Text1]="R" And [Text2]="R";"R";[Text1]="R" And [Text2]="Y";"R")
    This is just the beginning of the formula but you can continue with this model: switch(condition1; value1; condition2; value2; ...)

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Amit.Wairkar Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:44 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Amit,

Are the CV and SV also custom fields? Note that there are 2 native fields with the schedule and cost variance.

Assuming there are custom fields (text 1 and 2), you could create the following formula:

Switch([Text1]="R" And [Text2]="R";"R";[Text1]="R" And [Text2]="Y";"R")
    This is just the beginning of the formula but you can continue with this model: switch(condition1; value1; condition2; value2; ...)

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Amit.Wairkar Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:44 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2016 12:28 PM
  • Yeah both are custom fields. Thanks for the formula. Just a correction, instead of a semi-colon I replaced it with a coma and it worked.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:44 AM