none
Mouse issuewith Windows 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks...

I am facing an issue...I have installed Windows 2012 on my system .Windows 10 was already there.When I choose the option of windows 10 and proceed then the mouse pointer works normally.I don't use a separate mouse .I use the pointer in the keyboard only that is the touch mouse pointer.But when I start my laptop with windows 2012 operating system then the mouse pointer does not work .And I have to use the Tab and enter key all the time.this is so annoying.So guys help me so that I can use the mouse pointer on the screen of windows 2012 also.Thanks.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:49 AM

All replies

• Not clear, dual boot? No guarantees, but I'd check with laptop manufacturer for the latest chipset. The chipset allows the operating system to find and use devices integrated into the mother board.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:08 PM
  • Hi,

You mean after switching OS the keyboard and mouse not working.

Based on my research, the issue may related to USB 3.0.

Change Intel xHCI Mode from "Smart Auto" to "Auto" (or just disable it) under Advanced - USB Configuration.

So it will not use USB 3.0 during the boot. Also make sure that Legacy USB support it set to Auto or Enabled.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:13 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 6:04 AM