none
Problem with a manager view all projects not ones where they are in build team RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have POL with POL permissions set.  Project Centre views are for my org, my projects and my tasks.  The managers have POL pro licenses.  I want them to be able to view projects in the project centre where they have be added in the Build Team.  I've set up a permission group for them with using 'My projects' only and categories and global have used the project template. 

Having done this, and using delegation, a manager still sees all the projects.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks

James

• Edited by JamesP435 Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:53 AM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:53 AM

Answers

• James --

If you are a Site Administrator in your O365 system and not merely an application administrator for Project Online, then a Delegation session will allow you to see ALL projects in the Project Center system, not the projects the user whom you are impersonating would see.  Does that describe your situation?  If so, you should not use Delegation.  Instead, you should sit at the desk with one of your PMs and test the new custom Group with them to see if it is working correctly.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:46 PM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:17 PM

All replies

• James --

If you are a Site Administrator in your O365 system and not merely an application administrator for Project Online, then a Delegation session will allow you to see ALL projects in the Project Center system, not the projects the user whom you are impersonating would see.  Does that describe your situation?  If so, you should not use Delegation.  Instead, you should sit at the desk with one of your PMs and test the new custom Group with them to see if it is working correctly.  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:46 PM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:17 PM
  • Thanks for this Dale and you are spot on.  What a pain as it means as an O365 Admin you need an additional POL license to check things like this.  Hey ho.

Cheers

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:48 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:48 PM