none
Xbox One Test Automation RRS feed

• Question

• The UI Automation using System.Windows.Automation can be used to test the UI on the desktop for Windows 8. An Xbox desktop application UI can be compiled to run on a machine with Windows 8 and therefore be tested. Can an Xbox desktop application be directly tested on the Xbox using System.Windows.Automation? Is this supported? How do you do this?

Are there any other frameworks that can be used directly on the Xbox to test an Xbox desktop application?

Finally, basically I'm asking what is available for testing an Xbox desktop application? What are the Pros and Cons? What recommendations do you have?

Monday, June 1, 2015 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hemanth --

You have erroneously posted your Xbox question in a user forum dedicated to questions about Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend you repost your question in a more relevant user forum dedicated to Xbox programming.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, June 1, 2015 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hemanth --

You have erroneously posted your Xbox question in a user forum dedicated to questions about Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend you repost your question in a more relevant user forum dedicated to Xbox programming.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, June 1, 2015 5:23 PM
  • Thank you for the information. What forum should I send my question to? I can't find one that seems to apply.

Hemanth Allampalli

Monday, June 1, 2015 6:02 PM