none
Column disappeared from View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I had created a custom field "Remarks" in PS 2010 for Task Entity. I had added the same in a Timesheet view A. This field was present in the MSP_TimesheetLine_UserViewCF view of the Reporting database. We created an SSRS report and used this column for reporting purpose.

After a year I create a new custom field "Product" for task entity and added it to timesheet view B. Then suddenly the SSRS report stops working just to know that the "Remarks" column has disappeared from the MSP_TimesheetLine_UserViewCF view and the Product column is now appearing. 

How is it possible that a column can disappear from a view? Can I retrieve the "Remarks" column in the MSP_TimesheetLine_UserViewCF view? Kindly help.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

• Edited by Amit.Wairkar Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:34 AM Instead of Table replaced with View in the title
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

Can I alter the view MSP_TimesheetLine_UserViewCF. Are there any risks?

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:30 AM
  • Amit, when you change a timesheet view in "views management" section, UserView will drop into default common state. Try to do it, add some other column and save.
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:55 PM
  • I tried doing that, but was not successful. But what I did was, I copied the Timesheet CF view and created the Remarks column with the same name...and voila it worked. I tested it and the remarks are reflecting correctly. 

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Friday, July 15, 2016 8:19 AM