none
Dependencies in OData Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a query...as usual :-)

We have been looking at OData recently and noticed the following:

<SiteName>/PWA/_api/projectdata/Projects(guid'<>')/Dependencies

We initially thought it was Dependencies from 'Deliverables and Dependencies' and thought of testing this out. But it is blank.

Does someone know what this is?

Many thanks.

SJ

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The odata feed retrieves information from the out of the box feature deliverables dependencies.

He wrote a blog a while ago about this feature:

http://psbehindthescene.blogspot.fr/2015/07/why-deliverabledependency-feature-is.html

In case you were looking for predecessors, this information is not in the ProjectData ODATA feed but you can get it programmatically using JSOM or the REST API for JSOM: /pwa/_api/ProjectServer/Projects('<ProjectGUID>')/Tasks('<TaskGUID>')/Predecessors /pwa/_api/ProjectServer/Projects('<ProjectGUID>')/Tasks('<TaskGUID>')/Successors

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Saturday, October 15, 2016 10:28 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Many thanks for responding as always.

We tested the OOTB feature as mentioned in my original question. We ensured the projects are saved and published, but there is no information against this attribute for the projects.

Have you tested this?

Thank you,

SJ

Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:04 AM
  • I tested the feature (and used it), but I didn't tested to query data through odata feed. Have you tried first to query deliverables for the source project?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:24 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I have been using the feature for a very long time. So no issues there. :-)

As mentioned, we don't think the query is related to Deliverables and Dependencies. Hence was wondering what this refers to.

<SiteName>/PWA/_api/projectdata/Projects(guid'<>')/Dependencies

Thank you,

SJ

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:37 AM