PWA 2013 - How to input a schedule made in Excel to PWA? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Suppose you have a Project management low maturity organization and they got used to plan their schedules in Excel with the usual list of tasks, start and finish dates.

The Project Managers will use only the PWA interface, no Project Professional 2013 available.

Copy and paste from Excel does not work in the table section of the Schedule page of PWA.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to avoid retyping the entire schedule in PWA from Excel?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:42 AM

Answers

• Ricardo,

I am not sure why copy paste did not workin in Project Schedule page , did you try with IE10?

I haven't tested with Project shcedule page, but with SharePoint tasks list it works.

If IE10 is available to you first you can create SharePoint task list using copy and paste. Then convert the task list into Project schedule using "Connected SharePoint Sites" option located under PWA Settings>> Operational Policies

Could be worth to try with earlier version of IE too.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Friday, May 24, 2013 7:19 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:20 AM

All replies

• Ricardo,

I am not sure why copy paste did not workin in Project Schedule page , did you try with IE10?

I haven't tested with Project shcedule page, but with SharePoint tasks list it works.

If IE10 is available to you first you can create SharePoint task list using copy and paste. Then convert the task list into Project schedule using "Connected SharePoint Sites" option located under PWA Settings>> Operational Policies

Could be worth to try with earlier version of IE too.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Friday, May 24, 2013 7:19 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:20 AM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Yes, it is possible to copy and paste in IE10, but not in Google Chrome.

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Friday, May 24, 2013 7:19 PM