none
How to configure Relationship Diagram in Project 2016? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm looking for the way to configure Relationship Diagram.

It is useful, although it would be much more helpful if I could show the WBS or any chosen field or a concatenated title as well.

Also, I'm interested in how can I create my own screen in C# or VBA (?as an add-in?)?
    So, I want to use it in a single view like Calendar, Gantt Chart or Relationship Diagram.

Thank you.

Csaba Marosi

Monday, March 18, 2019 5:52 AM

Answers

• Csaba --

Bad news, my friend.  The only customization you can apply to the Relationship Diagram view is to apply a Filter to the view.  There are no additional customizations possible.  In fact, is you apply practically ANY view in Microsoft Project, you will see a Format ribbon displayed which would allow you to further customize the applied view.  If you apply the Relationship Diagram view, NO Format ribbon is displayed, confirming that you simply cannot customize it beyond applying a Filter to the view.

Sorry, but hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Csaba Marosi Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:31 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 11:50 PM

All replies

• Csaba --

Bad news, my friend.  The only customization you can apply to the Relationship Diagram view is to apply a Filter to the view.  There are no additional customizations possible.  In fact, is you apply practically ANY view in Microsoft Project, you will see a Format ribbon displayed which would allow you to further customize the applied view.  If you apply the Relationship Diagram view, NO Format ribbon is displayed, confirming that you simply cannot customize it beyond applying a Filter to the view.

Sorry, but hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Csaba Marosi Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:31 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 11:50 PM
  • Thank you, Dale. Your answer helped me to stop finding a built-in setting, so you saved me some time.

I developed a form to show relations for our projects, so now everything is fine.

Csaba Marosi

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:31 PM
  • Csaba --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:49 PM